This has been a stressful week. This is the first time I’ve sold/bought a house, and I never knew how much it can take out of you. Add to that the struggles I’ve been having in the shop and I feel like Bill the cat.
I only have 4 outstanding orders left, and 2 of those were placed in the last 24-36 hours. If you are still waiting on an order from me, and you have not received a shipping confirmation from Stamps.com, your order will ship Monday, June 26.
OUR COMING SHUT DOWN
If all goes as planned, I will stop shipping on July 12. I hope to re-open by July 28. In between that time, you will be able to place an order, but it will not be shipped until July 31 — at the earliest. Please plan accordingly.
I am still fighting with what appears to be an upper respiratory infection and some other minor aches and pains. However, thank the Lord, my major problems have all cleared up. So there’s no need to worry about me. Other than sounding a bit like Doc Holiday, I’m good.
OUR IMPENDING MOVE
Our inspection found a minor leak in our roof and some other small items that need to be addressed. It sounded worse than it was. When we found the leak, it was all on the outside of the house, so there is no water damage to the structure. I am expecting my estimate later today and should have repairs under way late next week or early in the first full week of July. Our next hurtle will be our appraisal, which we hope our buyers will schedule soon. After that, we should be home free. If it’s the Lord’s will — and, so far, it sure seems to be — we should move on July 17. All I know is that I have never been good at waiting — especially on things that are out of my control. So, this has been wearing me out — to say the least.
THAT IS ALL
OK, I’m not feeling very talkative so, now that I’ve shared the important stuff, I am going to go try to be useful in the shop. I’ll update you as soon as I have more news to share. Until then, stay safe and try to build something (preferably something using TMD resin).