I know this is long over-due. No excuses. I’ll just up-date you as to what’s been going on the past 2 weeks.
As many of you know, I moved to a new house on July 17. It went smoothly. BB (my wife, and commanding general) had the house in order in less than three days. I had the Internet and TV set up on the 18th. I also had a crew show up to run about 700 ft of field fencing for the shop rats (our 3 miniature schnauzers). I also helped get our bedroom ready for BB’s new bedroom furniture, which showed up on the 19th. My fencing crew finished on the 19th, as well. Then I helped BB finish unpacking on the 20th, by which time, I was whipped.
I started converting the new shop in earnest on July 25. I am glad the Sand Man (my father) is still with us, as the new shop is actually an enclosed pole barn. He showed me how to deal with the rather unique construction I faced getting the inner walls up and getting ready to run wiring. We managed to finish getting the walls cleaned off and the new inner walls framed in last week. Unfortunately, I lost the better part of last week trying to get a friend to come tell us what we needed to do to get the wiring connected to main power from the co-op.
Over the weekend, I finally found out there is going to be no way around the permit and inspector. I managed to get the co-op out here Monday, July 31. I also get the permit on the same day. Today we wired the shop. Tomorrow we’ll put the finishing touches on the wiring and call for the inspector. After that, we have to sit, wait for him to show and then hope he passes us with one inspection. Otherwise, if he makes us do a final inspection, we may be forced to pull a second permit for remodeling, which will eat up another 3-5 days.
Once the new wiring passes inspection, the inspector will call the electric co-op, which will then schedule our new service to be hooked up. That can take up to ten days!!! So, as you can see, I have been working (and in 97′ F heat and high humidity most the time), but I am at the mercy of the government right now 🙁
The bottom line is, even if I HAD done it all right as soon as I moved in, it would STILL be another 3-5 days before I’d be back in operation. As we stand now, it could be up to 10+ more days.
THE BRIGHT SIDE
There is an up-side to all this. By the time they connect my power, the shop will be 100% complete and I’ll be ready to go into full production. Since I can produce about $1,500/day, and I have less than that on my books right now, I should be caught up in a couple days. So…
If you want to place an order, you are cleared to do so. Once I start back, I’ll fill all out-standing orders by the date on which they were placed. I will also work as hard to fill them as I am to get the shop running. Otherwise, you are free to wait, but understand that it will put you farther back on the waiting list. This will be your call. If you trust me (and I hope you do), I can use the orders. Otherwise, please wait until you hear that I am up and running again.
THAT IS ALL
OK, that’s all I have right now. I’ll keep you posted — especially on our Face Book page. Until next time, stay safe and try to build something (preferably something using TMD resin).