This week was sort of a mixed-bag: some good, some not so good. I managed to catch up on my orders, and I get to leave on a family trip we’ve been planning for months, but I also had some set-backs. I’ll fill you in on the details.
There is nothing new this week. Next release date should be February 23.
PRODUCTS UNDER DEVELOPMENT
Other than the early 105 mm VVSS Sherman conversion, I have no idea what I’ll manage to finish by Feb 23. Sorry, but there isn’t much going on in the modeling world that interests me at the moment. Hopefully that will change when my Rye Field Panther G and Takom Panther As show up.
As of this moment, the oldest order in house waiting to be shipped is from feb 9, and that customer has been emailed explaining the delay in shipping his order. The rest of you are less than 5 days old.
OTHER COMPANY BUSINESS
I have finally caught up enough to turn my attention to the web site. I even have some help with this project (I love volunteers for punishment 🙂 ). I hope you’ll start seeing the effects of our effort to make the web site better by the end of February.
I worked hard to catch up on the orders this week and, for the most part, I did. We also filed our tax return. That was decent news. I had hoped for a bit better return, but at least we’re not paying in more than we already have this year. So, all-in-all, that was also good news. Finally, on the ‘good news’ front, we leave for a family trip this afternoon. BB and I are taking my parents and my niece to Disney. This will be my parents second time, and their first time where they will actually get to do what they want to do. We’re all excited.
OK, that is my good news, now for the not so good. The shop is a wreck. I hope to manage to make a dent in cleaning it up before I leave this afternoon. I don’t have a choice. It is so bad, I have to hunt for things that should be easy to find. And for the really ‘not-so-good’ part of things, the transmission went out on my truck this week. We live 30 minutes outside of town, so this is a bit of a problem. I managed to get it to the shop, but we haven’t heard from them yet. So I get to worry over that while I am on my trip, as well as the work I still have back here in the shop.
As I said, a mixed week :-/
THAT IS ALL
Well, that’s all I have for now. So, until next week, stay safe and try to build something (preferably something using TMD resin).