I was supposed to have new products for you today. Yeah, ah, well, about that… Alberto said to tell you Milli Vanilli:
In case you had not heard, we took a direct hit from tropical storm, Alberto. Now, it didn’t cause any damage here. All we got was a lot of wind and rain, but we got the rain! It’s still raining. Just yesterday, we took 2.25 inches in less than 60 minutes. Now, it doesn’t come close to what happened to those poor people in Maryland and the Virginia area, but it was more than enough to stop me from making any new molds, and that stopped me from finishing many of the masters and making the production molds I need to release the new stuff. So, sorry, folks, but we’ll just have to try again next week and, until then, we’ll get “Blame It on the Rain” stuck in our heads.
PRODUCTS UNDER DEVELOPMENT
I am focusing mostly on the Panther external storage right now. If the weather cooperates, I should have items from the following list ready for you on June 8:
More spare road wheel mounts.
Jerry cans to mount inside the rear storage boxes
Un-ditching beams and mounting brackets
Rear deck mounted storage boxes
Rear deck mounted antenna storage tube and bracket
Buckets and other assorted paraphernalia
Now, it is true: the rain did stop me from making new molds this week. But the new shop is better sealed than the old one, so I was at least able to pour resin. At this time, I only have one outstanding order, and that one is waiting on new molds. If this is your order, you have been emailed. That order will ship Monday or Tuesday, depending on the weather.
THE WEB SITE
I put up a post on our Face Book page asking for suggestions concerning changes to our web site/store. I think I know what to do. I just need to figure out how I want to do it. I am going to do my very best to make up my mind and ask my helper elf to tell me how he thinks I can make it happen. then, I am going to get off my lazy rear end and start making it happen.
The shop needs cleaning — still. However, I have a plan for that. Otherwise, it did well this past week. The dehumidifiers couldn’t keep up well enough to allow the molds to cure normally (taking about 48+ hours to cure), but they did keep up enough to let me cast. That is more than I could have done in the old shop, so I count this as a win. In case you’re wondering, I am knocking about 6-8 GALLONS of water out of the shop every 24 hours! Folks, that is darn near raining inside! Maybe that will help explain the delay in the new releases as well as why I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to cast resin without any troubles.
MY PERSONAL WORLD
OK, I tell you guys much more about my world than most — certainly more than my closest friends think I should. I can’t help it. I see each of you as my friends and people share their lives with their friends. As a result, it shouldn’t come as a surprise to any of you who regularly read my updates to learn that I have been going through some personal struggles the past few months. Well, I think I have fought my way through them — finally! I made some decisions that seem to have taken the pressure off of me and I am now looking forward to the future again. However, these decisions will affect TMD, and thus, you. Therefore, I plan to write a special post this weekend explaining as much as I can about what I have decided and why. I’ll also tell you as much as I can about what it is going to mean. So, if you’re interested, stay tuned. I’ll have that personal post up by Sunday night.
THAT IS ALL
Well, that’s all I have for now. So, until next week, stay safe and try to build something (preferably something using TMD resin).