M4 Series Early Vane Exhaust Deflector Assembly
Sherman Early Vane Exhaust Deflector
Officially designated: “Vane Assembly Exhaust Deflector D78332 early,” this item is designed to add the early vane exhaust deflector to most any radial engine Sherman tanks. The masters were made to fit Tasca/Asuka kits: 35-022, 35-025, 35-026 and 35-027. At the moment, we make no claims to compatibility with other manufacturers, but this item ‘should’ be able to be adapted to any radial engine Sherman kit.
This item also includes the bracket and handle seen on the rear of some Shermans. At this time, we have not been able to specifically identify what this part is or what it was used for, but we have included the parts in this set anyway. We will be sure to let you know once we can determine what it was and what it did.
- Body formed by making a ‘sandwich’ from two Tasca kit parts
- Sides were removed from kit parts and vanes re-shaped to represent early pattern deflector
- Added correct upper and lower mounting arms
- Made correct upper and lower hinge mounts w/locking pins
- Thinned out and added vane detail to inside of exhaust deflectors
Master by: Karl van Sweden
Old Item#: 35-7522