Matilda Mk.I (BEF) Backdate (for Tamiya)
This kit backdates the Tamiya Matilda (#35300) to the Mk.I variant used by the BEF in France, 1940.
- The upper hull corrected to represent AEC engine/exhaust configuration; early tool storage; smooth joints in the upper hull sides and the superior finish of these early vehicles that seldom showed the screw head details on the hull.
- Front hull casting with corrected shape to match the early Mk.I vehicles.
- Storage locker armor w/cast in square plates seen on many early Matildas.
- Turret shell with Vickers MG and early roof layout.
- 2-piece gun mantle without the three small plates cast into the upper and lower edges of the turret face.
- Left/Right side skirts redesigned to reflect the superior workmanship in these early vehicles that seldom showed the screw head details on the vehicle sides.
- Early style tow/lifting eyes.
- Early style headlight without blackout cover.
- Replacement pieces for the outside suspension assemblies with increased detail.
- Replacement exhausts to represent the AEC engine arrangement.
Master by: Mike Sills
Download instructions: 35-45402