Matilda Mk.II Backdate (for Tamiya)
This kit backdates the Tamiya Matilda #35300 to the Mk.II variant, the first variant of the Matilda to use the air cooled Besa co-ax MG.
- The upper hull corrected to represent AEC engine/exhaust configuration; early tool storage; smooth joints in the upper hull sides and the superior finish of these early vehicles that seldom showed the screw head details on the hull.
- Front hull casting w/corrected shape to match the early Mk.II vehicles.
- Storage locker armor w/cast in square plates seen on many early Matildas.
- Left/Right side skirts redesigned to reflect the superior workmanship in these early vehicles that seldom showed the screw head details on the vehicle sides.
- Early style tow/lifting eyes.
- Early style headlight w/o blackout cover.
- Replacement pieces for the inside suspension assemblies w/increased detail.
- Replacement exhausts to represent the AEC engine arrangement.
Master by: Mike Sills
Old Item#: 35-45404
Download instructions: 35-45404